Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:38:54 +0300
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: [openwall-announce] HPC Village update; ZeroNights 2015

In 2013, we've setup HPC Village, a hobbyist heterogeneous (hybrid)
High Performance Computing (HPC) platform:

HPC Village has been available to Open Source software developers (and
to some others) during those 2 years.  Participants are provided with
remote access (via the SSH protocol) to a server with multi-core CPUs
(16 cores, 32 logical CPUs, 128 GB RAM) and HPC accelerator cards of
different kinds - Intel MIC (Xeon Phi), AMD GPU, NVIDIA GPU - as well as
with pre-installed and configured drivers and development tools (SDKs):

I have good news: we've recently added to the mix an NVIDIA GTX Titan X,
the largest GPU card based on NVIDIA's latest Maxwell architecture.
This purchase was fully sponsored by Sagitta HPC, a subsidiary of
Stricture Group LLC.  Sagitta HPC specializes on delivery of hardware
and software "solutions that are designed by world-renowned password
cracking experts and are tailored for information security, forensics,
law enforcement, and litigation support professionals".  If you need a
GPU rig for password cracking, please consider purchasing from them:

With this, the main HPC Village machine offers two NVIDIA GPU
architectures (Maxwell and Kepler) and two AMD GPU architectures (GCN
and VLIW5), along with Xeon Phi and the CPUs.

I have more good news: besides the main HPC Village machine described
above, we may also provide access to let's say non-HPC development
boxes, such as with Intel AVX2, Intel HD Graphics 4600 (with a
configured and working OpenCL "driver"), AMD XOP, AMD GCN 1.1, NVIDIA
Fermi, some non-x86 architectures (ARM, MIPS64, Epiphany), some FPGAs
(ZedBoard with Xilinx Zynq 7020, ZTEX 1.15y with quad Xilinx Spartan-6
LX150).  The exact set of these keeps changing.  Please feel free to
inquire about availability of these or/and other resources if relevant
to your project.

I have even more good news: just like in 2013, we're once again
providing access not only to Open Source developers, but also to any
interested attendees to ZeroNights 2015, a convention to be held in
Moscow, Russia on November 25-26, 2015: (English) (Russian)

Please see the wiki page for exact eligibility requirements and for how
to apply:

We're happy to share these resources with other HPC hobbyists and code
optimization geeks out there.